Friday, May 05, 2006

Philosophy and football

Just to keep you up to date, Chris, over here in Scotland the excitement is growing with regard to the most important football game of the year. Forget the World Cup final, the most exciting place to be will be Stirling Universtity next Tuesday where the mighty Rapid Vienna Circle are taking on the newly-formed but promising Edinburgh side Sartre of Mid-Lothian.

As I've said to everyone here I'm not playing, since I feel my loyalties are too divided. (I have been asked to play for both teams, after all). This may mean that I'll end up as ref, which could be interesting since I don't know anything about the rules of football.

The air of excitement and anticipation is almost tangible as both teams do thier best to prepare for the challenging game ahead. It should be a very interesting match...

No comments: