Monday, June 26, 2006

Privyet iz Moskve

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I've arrived safely in Moscow. Things are good so far. Weather has been very hot and sunny. It's a bit uncomfortable and sticky but at least it's not raining. There was an amazing thunderstorm this lunchtime though with torrential rain and hailstones. Then it went back to being sunny and scorching again. Weird! Martha also arrived safely and I've been taking her round the tourist spots (although Red Sqaure has been closed - apparently there was a Pink Floyd concert on Saturday night!). Hostel is good and there aren't too many annoying Americans. Met a crazy Belgian, some assorted Germans and Swiss, the usual complement of Australians and some nice Americans, they all seem pretty nice. Anyway, not much to report at this stage. I seem to be managing alright with my Russian although I have a tendency to panic if I don't understand something. I just need to get used to asking people to repeat things then I should be fine. I'm looking forward to getting out of Moscow too since Muscovites seem to be the least friendly or helpful people in Russia (as is the case with most big cities, I guess). Anyway, things going well at the moment, will update soon. Hope you're all having fun!

Lottie x

2 comments:

Lottie said...

Thanks for moving my stuff guys! You're all *stars*! Let me know how you're getting on in the new place.

I'll certainly try to keep you all updated as I progress across Russia. Managed to buy tickets for me and Martha to go to St. Petes so I feel like I've jumped the first hurdle. Off there tomorrow night then staying for one night before coming back to Moscow and flying to Vladivostok :-s. A bit nervous about that but very excited too.

Ciao for now,
Lottie x

conor said...

Yes the move has gone quite smoothly, thanks mainly to Chris and Tom's heroic efforts - and also to your parents who made life considerably easier. The pint and lunch in the moo bar was much needed and greatly enjoyed. And thanks for the card.

Massimo should be moving in today; we'll let you know how that goes.

No problems with the flat yet; everything seems to work ok. I'm liking the kitchen.

You missed an apocalyptic deluge yesterday - thunder&lightning etc. Spectacular stuff.