Sunday, March 25, 2007

Drink, drugs, philosophy and knitting

Hi all,

Hope things are going well for "the McHughs" in New York. Things seem to be going well here, we came second in the quiz despite being a pretty depleted team. More impressively, we won the jackpot, which was a whole £13! It's always nice to win something but £3.25 each is quite hard to get excited about.

The Stirling weekend away was good fun, but pretty uneventful. We were in a beautiful place and Chris K., Tom C. and I had a nice walk on Saturday. Otherwise there was much drinking, eating (including some of Chris' special brownies), a little philosophy and lots of good banter. The staff were pretty restrained on Friday but let rip more on Saturday night. Unsurprisingly, Kent was still going strong at 5am... I am now officially the most boring person I know having spent more time knitting than drinking, going to bed early on Friday night and not indulging in Chris' cakes at any point over the weekend. I did go for a quick skinny dip on Sunday though, so I guess I'm not completely done for...

Anyway, there are photos of the weekend available on my flickr page (in which everyone is fully clothed, I'm afraid).

Ciao,
Lottie x

2 comments:

conor said...

Hurrah, I can finally access the blog again from Conor's computer, so never fear I shall be posting again too!

PS... PLEASE stop calling us 'the mchughs' or you may force me to break up with conor... seriously, with all these weddings lately i'm starting to get freaked out! NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE!

conor said...

ps again... obviously this as well as the above is lisa NOT conor whoops.