Sunday, October 29, 2006

adeline takes on subway

To Whom It May Concern,


I quit. You've breached the terms of our agreement. Upon employment you agreed to give me no more than 15 hours a week, and now you're asking me to work 25 hours a week. This shows your complete lack of respect for the worker. You don't want employees, you want machines; even worse, slaves. But I am a human being; a student, in fact. I have studied objectification in books, but I did not think I would have felt it in my own skin. I shall not stand to be objectified by an American corporation. You people think you've defeated the worker, but the worker is alive and well. I'm free again. Since Friday, when I returned the ultimate symbol of exploitation, your lifeless black uniform, I am my own liberated self.

There are rumours that you will charge me for quitting. You better pay my full wages; I have given my blood, sweat and tears to this job. Is this the way you value your workers? By charging them £20 for speaking up against reification?

One last thing: yours is the worst management I have ever experienced.

I hope all your capitalist sandwiches go rotten.

-The new liberated Adeline

No comments: