Wednesday, October 11, 2006

ezio takes on the council

below is an extract from my letter to the council, which i put in the mail this morning:

My car has been in Edinburgh for less than two months, and I am already losing count of the number of tickets you have given me. I have by now understood that you are fighting a war against private cars and individual transport. Whether or not you will win this war I don't know (but, as every war against freedom, you will probaby lose it), but surely I don't want to be a victim of your indiscriminate charges. While the middle classes comfortably park for free in the residential areas, folk like me not only has to pay for a Permit, but also gets fined every time they take their car. I live on less than 5k a year – how am I supposed to survive if you keep fining me day in day out? It will soon come to having to decide between paying your tickets and buying food, and I think we both know what I will have to do.

3 comments:

Tom R said...

Dear Sir,

I have been found guilty of murder more times than I can count. How am I to carry out my indiscriminate killing sprees if you keep locking me up? You are fighting an unreasonable war against those who choose to break the law when they wish. As with any war against individual freedom, you are bound to lose this one.

Yours in solidarity,
Mr B Turk.

ps. I am mad.

lisa said...

good. i'm glad to see that things are happily flowing along the way they usually do in edinburgh...

Lottie said...

Headline: Radical Cleric Sheikh Al Nucci Declares Fatwa on Edinburgh Council.