Monday, October 02, 2006

Movin' on in...


Hey all,

Okay so. I've moved in! I have no furniture except for an air mattress on which to sleep, but I've moved in! I can't even believe that it has already happened. The flat is good - not in a bad area, and it's definitely only blocks from a really nice neighbourhood which is great. My floor slants a little but apparently that's not unusual in nyc. It's still very stressful since I have to get used to living in a new place again, trying to get to know the neighbourhood, meanwhile I have no furniture to put my stuff in (but at least my stuff can be anywhere without being all over anyone else's stuff!) trying to get used to living with yet another new person - I'm kinda tired of it at this point but at least this is the last time for a while! And I'm heading home on Friday for four days which is great - it will be nice to relax at my cottage and not have to worry about being in anyone's face like I have had to for six weeks!

Anyway I thought I'd post a wee pic just to show you some of my life. It's me and my aunt on top of the Empire State Building. I am taking more pics but I have to download them to my computer later. So there are more to come!

Miss you all so much!
L.

3 comments:

Lottie said...

No furniture? How very minimalist!

lisa said...

No, apparently it makes it way more comfortable for the roaches that way. I know this because I found one the size of my FIST last night. :s I took a pic but of course my camera decided to fritz out on me...

Lottie said...

EWWWWW! I'd rather have a mouse than roaches any day. Poor Lisa!