Sunday, September 24, 2006

quick update

Hey guys,

Well, I arrived at Kevin's place safe and sound... ended up taking a gypsy cab in the end (ie a cab that's not a yellow cab, basically you tell them how much you'll pay them to take you to x) and the guy got lost three times! I literally was wondering at one point if we'd ever get there but thankfully he actually asked for directions and I arrived with my two suitcases, knapsack, laptop, and everything else on Kevin's door, exhausted. I really think this whole not having a home thing is getting to me more than I realized - I burst into tears as the cab drove away from Clare's - not even because I was going to miss anything in particular, but because I was once again feeling that I was being torn away from something familiar. In any case, Kevin and his wife Martha are so sweet... Kevin is making a bolognese tonight - YUM.

Oh, and I'm going to take photos of stuff here, so that you guys can actually visualize my life a bit more, but I just realized that my camera is low on batteries so I'll have to buy more...

Oh and Amber and I had our first, well, not *argument* but, well, disagreement over the tv situation...the thing is that I'm not too excited about having a TV since it creates noise and sometimes provides too much temptation, though Amber make a good point about being able to watch tv or movies with friends over... we resolved it I think, by giving me the room away from the living room, which gives her the bigger room anyway which is probably fair since she found the flat! Anyway, I hope that that solves the problem. We seem to agree on everything else, so if that's all we're arguing about then things could be a lot worse!

Anyway that's about it for now ... do write/post whatever and let me know how you guys are getting on. Lottie's updates are fabulous, but I wanna hear from the rest of you as well!

xo
L.

5 comments:

Lottie said...

Ach, I wouldn't expect those lazy fuckers to do anything, Lisa. No idea of how to procrastinate at all.

And, Cristoph F.F.F.F.F.F. Kelp is around but Rocio (I'm never sure on the spelling of that) is leaving in a week so understandably he's been spending time with her. As of next week he can be as miserable as the rest of us! And, by the way, Mog's living with him now (as to how that will affect his misery levels you can make your own comments). Welcome back Moglet!

Ciao x

Lottie said...

Just to let you know, Massimo's photos have also been added to my flickr page. And there's a new set for all you Beserk Turk fans out there...

conor said...

This new set is surely proof - if it were needed - that the radical cleric Al Nucci is a danger to our society and ought to be deported to his native Turkland. Just feel the evil.

Tom R said...

Won't somebody pleeeease think of the children.

conor said...

This link was posted on Philos-L. I normally hate philosophy jokes, but some of these t-shirts are undeniably cool. Needless to say the Wittgenstein one is the best, although he's got some competition...

http://www.tresnormale.com/

By the way I realise this is not a comment on the original post, but I don't seem to be able to put posts up myself.