Monday, September 11, 2006

Hi again,

Well, I've now moved BACK into Clare's place, which, though I don't have my own room, is slightly less depressing - not sure if it's because this place gets more light, or because there are people in and out here or what but I am definitely happier here. Living on your own, whilst it means not having people annoy you (in your own flat anyway) really sucks.

Friday I went to Conor's sister's place for dinner, which was lovely. I got to see Anna again, and she's well, pretty much the same although she talks more. She's still demanding and loves being the centre of attention, but also is incredibly smart and aware for her age. It will be interesting to see how the family dynamic changes when she gets her new baby brother. Had a nice chat with Michele and Matt - it's always nice to know that you have contacts in a new city.

Saturday Amber and I went out, and I finally got introduced to some of the, well, not cheaper, but let's say more reasonably priced fare in nyc. We went down to the East Village and got two for one pints, and then went out for Indian food nearby. I ate and drank so much and I think over the entire night I spent about twenty bucks!

Anyway, I'm still missing you all very much... you're all probably at the quiz (I feel like I'm always saying that, Monday must be a writing day for me) and I hope you do well!

xoxoxoxo
Lisa

8 comments:

Lottie said...

Any news on getting your own place? It sounds like you're still a bit stuck, which sucks!

We came third in the quiz again, by the way. I do so like getting the chocolate. My sister was up visiting and encouraged a post-quiz drinking session that didn't end till 4 am (it's all her fault, you know I would never endorse such behaviour).

Never. Drinking. Again. Well, maybe not till next week anyway...

Ciao! x

Lottie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lisa said...

I do have my own place - sorry maybe I didnt' let some people know that. Amber found us a place for Oct 1st, so it's couchsurfing til then....

lisa said...

who deleted their post by the way? i wanna know what it said now...

Lottie said...

The deleted comment was mine - not because it said something stupid or rude (or did it...?) but because my first post got posted twice for some unknown reason. Glad that you've found somewhere to stay - I hope there's sofa/ floor space for those of us who want to visit!

PS It's grey and rainy here, I don't know what the weather's like in NYC but I'm sure it can't be as miserable as here. Still miss Edinburgh?

Ciao! x

lisa said...

Er, well, actually it was grey and rainy here as well today. Thank you to Hurricane Ernesto for that. Tho I suppose we don't get the worst of it over here, so I really shouldn't complain! At least in the midst of all the crap weather I had you guys, which here I don't even have... :(

Tom R said...

"Hurricane Ernesto" - that's a good poker-playing alias, I reackon.

Tom R said...

reckon, even.