Monday, September 18, 2006

Hey guys,

Well it's Monday again so I thought I'd write. Helps me ward off the Monday blues I think.

So my weekend was okay... on Friday night I went out with Clare and Simon and their friends, to a Belgian bar down in Greenwich Village... it was cute, and had good beer, and I had moules frites for dinner, as it's the ONLY food you can get there. I was wrecked and went home around midnight, and unfortunately, Clare's friends who are normally very considerate normal people, felt that at four in the morning, when they came home, it would be HILARIOUS if they scared me by jumping out of the dark and onto my bed. Needless to say, I was PISSED OFF. I couldn't get to sleep for three hours after that episode, which made me even more angry. They felt really bad and embarassed the next day so that made me feel better. :) Lol.

Saturday was spent in a sleepy haze, where I had big plans to go out, but ended up staying in, researching stuff on my computer (like where to buy a reasonably priced futon in the city) and played a few games of scrabble with Clare and Ed. By the end, it was like 7 pm so we ordered in Thai and watched the Princess Bride, which neither Clare nor Rose had seen. Much to my amusement, it was the boys who insisted we watch that. It's a great film for those of you who haven't seen it... don't confuse it with the Princess Diaries or anything shite like that.... Anyway that night I slept for twelve hours which was, to use a Lottie word, MARVELOUS. I went downtown yesterday to get a book and groceries, and ended up getting the wrong train so spent even LONGER downtown than I meant to. By the time I got back to the flat I was exhausted.

My Dad is coming into town this week for a couple days, which is great, we're going to have dinner and then shop for futons the next day. Yum free food! It will be nice also to know that I won't be spending those days in, alone, because I can't afford to go out! I've also discovered, from my recent grocery excursions, that you CAN find cheap groceries in new york - unfortunately not all in one place. So basically you have to go to certain stores for certain things. This is annoying, but at least I know now that it's possible to spend less that forty bucks a week on groceries.

Today I'm feeling better and am about to head downtown to pick up more readings, and well, maybe actually read the readings. I miss you guys, and I'm thinking of you, especially as it is pub quiz night! Good luck!

xoxoxo
Lisa

2 comments:

lisa said...

p.s. so i went to have lunch in washington sqr park today, thinking wow it's a lovely warm sunny day how nice. Then I sat down, started eating my sandwich, and two guys started the biggest public fight I've ever seen in my life. One guy got out something that looked like a pen or something to try to attack the other guy with, and though they didn't actually physically fight it came pretty close, if it weren't for some homeless guy who broke it up I don't know what would have happened! I guess it's never guaranteed to have a quiet peaceful lunch outside in nyc...

xo
Lisa

Lottie said...

Well, at least life's never boring, I guess! xxx