Saturday, September 23, 2006

Avast ye landlubbers...

Or something.

Last night Chris Morris invited us all along to a pirate themed party that some of his freinds were holding (what was he thinking?). As usual everyone got very much into the spirit of the thing. Between the pirate accessories that Chris had nabbed from people at work, various items from my wardrobe and the arts and crafts skills of Tom, Dave and Mog everyone had pretty fantastic costumes. I think the aforementioned people have missed out on their true calling as Blue Peter presenters, I've never seen anyone whip up a cutlass or parrot with quite the skill or speed that Tom and Dave managed. And Mog's hat was great, even if it didn't last very long. It's amazing what you can do with some cardboard, tin foil and some coloured pens! Well done to you all.

The hosts of the party seemed to cope well with a bunch of piratical philosophers descending on their flat and the party went well. There were a few people there that I'd met at another party a couple of weeks ago - Edinburgh is such a small town - and some nice new people too. There probablt should have been a prize for Gayest pirate, which would probably have been won by Edo, although I think my friend Archie was also quite a contender. Conor became quite fond of a blow-up parrot, which he named "Graham" and kept on his shoulder pretty much all night. At some point a real sword appeared and I must apologise to Tom for almost killing him with it. Thankfully, though, no blood was shed. I did however "accidentally" leave the party with said sword so there is probably some poor swordless person wandering around Edinburgh right now trying to find it. If anyone has any suggestion of how to find it's rightful owner, I would be grateful. If not, then I've acquired a new sword!

Pictures can be found in the usual place (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarlotta/sets/).

Garrrrr....

Lottie x

No comments: