Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hey guys,

Well it's been a while since I've posted anything substantial so I thought I'd take a minute and procrastinate by briefly updating you on my life.

So I'm settling into the flat well. I'm not too unhappy with the location, since we're right by an express train that is very quick into manhattan. I'm liking my room, and it's starting to feel a bit more like home. Am meeting people slowly, and we're having a party on Saturday so hopefully that will help my lack of network situation. Then again, it's also likely we'll have about three people at this party so we'll see. I'll definitely post pics and give you an update as to how it went. I do wish that all of you could be here! We're also currently interviewing for a third roommate to go in the third small room in our flat, and we're getting a good response, which is relieving. Hopefully we'll get someone good.

I'm heading back to Toronto in just over three weeks and I'm very psyched for that - I realized the other day I haven't had a proper stretch in Toronto since last September, since over Christmas last year I was doing apps. I'm going for a week and a half, which is a nice amount of time. Enough to relax, get some work done, and see people. It's also a good marker to get me through the rest of the semester. Looking forward to that and seeing Conor and all of you guys in Dec/Jan is helping ward off the loneliness.

I talked to Elanor on the phone the other night for a good hour - it was so weird yet so refreshing to hear a Glaswegian accent over the phone, after now being so accustomed to American accents. It made me miss Scotland!

Anyway, I want to encourage you guys to post as well, since this is as much for me to hear about your lives as it is for you to hear about mine (which is incredibly boring right now. So I apologize for sounding dismal). I miss you all so much!

xo
Lisa

6 comments:

Tom R said...

Bishop Berkeley, Enya, Eammonn De Valera, James Joyce, Daniel O'Donnell, Michael Flatley, Ian Paisley, Van Morrison, Seamus Heaney, Westlife, Conor McHugh.. Can you hear me Conor McHugh? Your Boys Took A Hell Of A Beating!

http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/articles/573

conor said...

May I point out that Michael Flatley is about as Irish as a Harley-Davidson bedecked in the stars and stripes. I'm not sure Ian Paisley would appreciate being attributed the same nationality as me either...

nullo said...

who the fuck is Michael Flatley anyway?

oh yes, tom, i forgot: i already had to take down a unionist hitman that had sailed over to put right the little paisley misunderstanding. while the wee fella was drawning in his own blood, he kept saying only these two things:
little paisley misunderstanding
and
tom r

i felt sorry, but it was too late

so now, tom r, you owe me, in this order, the lottery money, your life, and the third one i forgot

Tom R said...

oh Ezio, your posts are always a joy to read.

In my defence, isn't it the case that the Irish rugby team is comprised of both 'Nordies' and non-Nordies ('Southdies'?)?

lisa said...

Tom I think you should fear for your life having used the phrase 'soudies'...

conor said...

It's comprised of Nordies and Saudis